Thursday, September 8, 2011

Things I'll be Looking Forward To While In D.C.


This coming Sunday I will be flying to Washington D.C. for the entirety of the upcoming week. While there, I will be attending training week at International Justice Mission's Headquarters. Although I am greatly looking forward to being with IJM's staff and other field workers I will be working alongside of, there are at the same time, some things I will be missing about home. Thus, below are some things I am looking forward to and others I am not:

I am looking forward to:
- Spending a week with world class talent and a world class organization taking action against injustice
- Hopefully stopping by the National Archives and the Lincoln Memorial (I can remember being there when I was younger and have always wanted to return!)
- Receiving complimentary Coca-Cola while flying (Coke is my favorite pop; all the more is it when it's free and served to you!)
- Visiting with the one, the only - John Ginn! (John is one of my closest and most long-term buds. He recently transferred to American Law School, which so happens to be in D.C.)
- Just being in D.C. What an electric place to be! (I've always been a good rhymer)

I am not looking forward to:
- Being away from my dear Am for a week. Except for being in the Philippines while Amber planned our wedding, this will be the longest we've been a part both before and since we've been married.
- Being away from Isaiah! I won't see my little big guy for a whole week! He's already walking. He'll have his license by the time I return!
 
- I'll miss being away from the youth group I oversee at Bethel
- And, I'll miss working on the farm here in Fremont. This job is a blast, but there's no doubt, there will be plenty of work to do upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment