Monday, April 30, 2012

An Encouraging Song


We have often found certain songs which really speak to us and keep our attitudes and motivations as an act of worhsip. One of our favorite songs which has undoubtedly helped us in this area is Sara Groves' "When The Saints." If you've never heard this song before, we hope you may take a moment a listen to it or read part of the lyrics below.





"I see the long quiet walk along the Underground Railroad
I see the slave awaken to the value of her soul


I see the young missionary and the angry spear
I see his family returning with no trace of fear



I see the long hard shadows of Calcutta nights
I see the sister standing by the dying man's side


I see the young girl huddled on the brothel floor
I see the man with a passion come and kicking down that door



I see the man of sorrow and his long troubled road
I see the world on his shoulders and my easy load


And when the Saints go marching in
I want to be one of them
and when the Saints go marching in
I want to be one of them
I want to be one of them
I want to be one of them."



With less than 2 weeks left before we make the biggest move of our lifetime over to Uganda, we found this song all the more fitting in light of what God has called us to. We hope you find the lyrics to this song as ecnouraging as we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment